Breast Augmentation (Mammoplasty)
Nova Cosmetic Center offers breast implants to patients in Orlando and nearby locations.
Many women with small, underdeveloped or asymmetrical breasts choose to undergo breast augmentation, otherwise known as mammoplasty, at Nova Cosmetic Center in Orlando. With this safe, effective surgical procedure, Dr. Jan V. Karlin uses breast implants to improve the contour of a woman's body. Breast augmentation is one of the most common cosmetic procedures performed today, attracting women from across Central Florida. Dr. Karlin's breast implant patients hail from Orlando, Altamonte Springs, Kissimmee, Apopka, Sanford, Winter Park and beyond.
Is Breast Augmentation Right for Me?
Patients who come into our Orlando office for breast implants are typically looking to enlarge one or both of their breasts. Some of the more popular reasons for breast augmentation with Dr. Karlin include:
- To obtain more volume for breasts that are too small.
- To return some fullness to breasts that have lost significant volume after pregnancy.
- To bring balance to differently sized breasts.
- To restore a more full and youthful appearance to breasts that have volume loss and sagging because of the natural aging process.
- To restore lost breast volume due to weight loss or pregnancy.
- To provide contour when a breast has been removed or disfigured by surgery to treat breast cancer.
- To improve the appearance of a breast that is missing or disfigured due to trauma, heredity or congenital abnormalities.
Orlando Breast Augmentation Before and After Pictures
To see what kind of results are possible with breast implants, please take a look at our Orlando breast augmentation before and after pictures. Because mammoplasty is one of the most commonly performed cosmetic procedures, it is important that you get a feel for what a particular surgeon has to offer. Dr. Karlin will be happy to show you his Orlando breast implant before and after pictures, so you can see examples of his top-notch plastic surgery skills.
How is Breast Augmentation Performed?
One of the most important steps to your mammoplasty is the selection of breast implants. Available in saline or silicone, our breast implants in Orlando can be tailored to fit your particular needs and preferences for size, and texture. Here are some examples of your options at Nova Cosmetic Center:
- Texture: the implant shell may be either smooth or textured
- Profile: the implant may have a low, medium or high projection (the depth of the implant from the base to the highest point of the implant curve)
- Diameter: the width of the implant measured across its base (the side of the implant that will be positioned over the chest wall)
At your complimentary consultation you will be introduced to our Plastic Surgery Nurse or Patient Coordinator, and she will explain the different breast augmentation options for you in detail. She will also take a complete medical history to evaluate your general health. Cosmetic surgery is an elective surgery, and Dr. Karlin wants to ensure that you are in the best health to undergo anesthesia and the recovery process.
Pre-operatively, Dr. Karlin will perform a thorough exam and measurements to determine his recommendations for placement, size and incision site. He will discuss at length the possible risks and complications associated with his breast augmentation in Orlando. Dr. Karlin will also have recommendations for your diet and general health prior to having surgery, and this will include the elimination of certain drugs and/or anti-inflammatory medications to minimize the possibility of excessive bleeding or bruising. Two weeks prior to your mammoplasty, you will begin to take a series of vitamins, amino acids and homeopathic medications, a regimen that will continue until two weeks after the surgery.
During the surgery, your breast implants can be placed either partially under the pectoralis major muscle (submuscular breast augmentation) or over the muscle and under the breast glands (subglandular breast augmentation). These choices are based on several factors, such as current size of your breasts and the ability to adequately cover the breast implant.
Dr. Karlin will start the operation with one of the following incisions:
- Periareolar: Extending along the bottom half of the colored areola, this is the most camouflaged of all the incisions
- Inframammary: This incision is 1 to 2 inches long and made in the fold in the shadow under the breast.
- Transaxillary: Also known as an armpit incision, it is placed in the natural folds of skin under the arm.
- Transumbilical breast augmentation or TUBA: This incision is made at the rim of the belly button. With the use of an endoscope, the implant is channeled through the subcutaneous fat beneath the skin to the tissue behind the breast.
A mammoplasty with Dr. Karlin in Orlando takes about one to two hours and is performed in an outpatient surgery center. Patients are usually placed under general anesthesia and go home the same day. You will require a responsible adult to drive you to and from the surgery center and to stay with you the first 24 hours.
What is the Recovery Process for Breast Augmentation?
After the insertion of your breast implants, you will wear a surgical bra and a tightly wrapped ace bandage to help prevent bleeding in the immediate post-op period. Once you are discharged from the outpatient surgery center, it is recommended that you rest and apply cold compresses for the first 24 hours. You will be seen by Dr. Karlin the following day to remove the compression ace wrap. He will also carefully examine you for any post-op complications. To ensure proper healing, you will need to wear a surgical bra for about a month.
Our breast implant patients in Orlando can gradually resume normal activities within two weeks after the surgery, but driving, excessive use of arms and any lifting is prohibited for the first week. Most patients feel minimal to moderate discomfort, which can be relieved by prescribed pain medications and cold compresses. Sutures are removed in a week, and you may be instructed to massage the implants.
What are Orlando Breast Augmentation Costs?
There is no blanket pricing for mammoplasty in Orlando. Every patient is different, so the costs will fluctuate accordingly. To find out a more personalized estimate for your Orlando breast implant costs, please schedule a visit with Dr. Karlin and his friendly, highly skilled staff at Nova Cosmetic Center today.
During your initial breast augmentation consultation in Orlando, Dr. Karlin will discuss your objectives and perform a thorough physical examination to help determine the best choice for you. We welcome breast implant patients from throughout Central Florida, including residents of Orlando, Altamonte Springs, Kissimmee, Apopka, Sanford, Winter Park and other outlying areas.
|Florida Breast Augmentation||Altamonte Springs Breast Augmentation|
|Kissimmee Breast Augmentation||Orlando Breast Augmentation|
|Apopka Breast Augmentation||Sanford Breast Augmentation|
|Winter Park Breast Augmentation||Florida Plastic Surgery|